The story of Lilly's heart.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blood Work = Normal

I took Lilly to get her blood work done on Friday. I THOUGHT they were only going to do a little heel stick test...boy was I wrong. They actually drew her blood like they would an adult! It was so sad and difficult to watch them do that to my sweet baby girl. As soon as it was over she cuddled up close and I made sure she knew she was safe. I hated going through that without Chelsea there.

I got a call yesterday from Dr. Nash's office letting me know that half of the blood test came back normal, and the other half clotted before it got to the lab, so they weren't able to do any kind of testing on it. Her urine sample came back normal as well. I'm not sure if we will have to have the blood drawn again or not. I called Dr. Hess's office to see if they wanted it drawn again before their conference tomorrow, but never got a return phone call. Hopefully they don't need it. There is one nurse up there that I'm not too fond of, and she happen to be the one to take the message. Hopefully she got it to the right person.

Dr. Hess meets with the other cardiologists affiliated with Cook's tomorrow to discuss our surgery options. I know Dr. Siu is against the surgery and Dr. Hess is for it. I have no idea how many other doctors will be a part of the conference. I am hoping that I get a call from someone once they make their decision. I don't know if they call on the same day, or if I will end up waiting a couple days or, heaven forbid, until our next appointment on Oct. 11th. Either way, I will definitely update with the information.

Lilly was nominated to win a Beautiful Life session through Pebblebrook Portraits by a friend of mine from high school. Well we won! I took her today to get her pictures done. Becky did an amazing job and I can't wait to see all the pictures!! I will be posting some of them once I get the CD of all the images. She cooperated for the most part and only peed on one of the props. lol. Good thing it was washable! I can't believe how beautiful our little girl is. She is such a blessing!

Until we have more info...

We love you, Lilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment